"Christianity is not that complex system of oppressive rules which the unbeliever(If you have a sound card, you can listen to All Creatures of Our God and King or The Church's One Foundation)
describes; it is peace, joy, love, and a life which is continually renewed,
like the mysterious pulse of nature at the beginning of Spring." - Pope John XXIII.
Even as I type the title for this page, it strikes me as kind-of odd: as if there is a "non-joyful" type of Catholicism! Catholicism is really a joyful Faith, and anyone who does not experience that joy only knows a distortion of the Faith.
Here are the pages on this site which particularly highlight some joyful aspects of Catholicism, many of which are not generally known, even to many cradle Catholics!
GRACE CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE
(Warning: the following articles may forever alter your perception of Catholicism!)
GOD'S EXTENDED FAMILY
- What is Grace?
- Grace and the Catholic View of Salvation.
- Grace and the Divinization of Humanity.
- What Difference Does Grace Make.
- Prayer for Grace, from the Imitation of Christ.
THE REDEMPTION OF MATTER
- Ecclesia, the Cosmic Mother.
- A Celebration of Holy Mother Church.
- Images of Mother Church in Christian Art.
- Sanctify the Day.
- Sanctify the Week. -Updated 11/97
- Sanctify the Months. (includes a section on the Spiritual Significance of Birthstones)
- Sanctify the Year.
- Sanctify Your Entire Life.
- Eastern Catholicism. An aspect of the Catholic Church which is little-known to many Westerners.
- The Eastern Catholic WebRing. If you have an Eastern Catholic site, why not include it in the WebRing?
Last updated on 15 October 1999, the Feast of Saint Teresa of Avila.
| Next: Lover of Humankind | Return to the Home Page |
This page hosted by Get your own Free Home Page