1. When the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
2. Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
3. He took Jesus up in his arms and blessed God and said, "Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word;
4. for mine eyes have seen thy salvation which thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples.
5. And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him;
6. and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against
7. (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed."
-Lk 2:22-35(Picture from Our Lady's Gallery.)
| Second Sorrow | Seven Sorrows Index | Site Index | Home Page |