1. And they brought him to the place called Gol'gotha (which means the place of a skull).
2. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them.
3. Standing by the cross of Jesus were his Mother, and his Mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
4. When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!"
5. Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your Mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
6. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "E'lo-i, E'lo-i, la'ma sabach-tha'ni?" which means, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
7. Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.
-Mark 15:22; John 19:18, 25-27; Mark 15:34; Luke 23:46(Picture from Our Lady's Gallery.)
| Fourth Sorrow | Sixth Sorrow | Seven Sorrows Index | Site Index | Home Page |