1. And when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
2. Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
3. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
4. he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said, "Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word;
5. for mine eyes have seen thy salvation which thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples,
6. a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to thy people Israel."
7. And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him;
8. and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against
9. (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed."
10. And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |