First Luminous Mystery: CHRIST'S BAPTISM IN THE JORDAN
1. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
2. He came for testimony, to bear witness to the Light, that all might believe through him.
3. "I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I
4. "He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."
5. Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him.
6. John would have prevented Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?"
7. But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented.
8. When Jesus was baptized, behold, the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on Him.
9. And lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, with Whom I am well pleased."
10. For our sake God made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
-St. Matthew 3:1-2; St. John 1:7; St. Matthew 3:11, 13-17; 2 Corinthians 5:21
Second Luminous Mystery: THE WEDDING FEAST AT CANA
1. On the third day there was a marriage at Cana in Galilee, and the Mother of Jesus was there.
2. When the wine failed, the Mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
3. And Jesus said to her, "Woman, what is that to Me and to you? My hour is not yet come."
4. His Mother said to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you."
5. Now six stone jars were standing there, for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons.
6. Jesus said to them, "Fill the jars with water." And they filled them up to the brim.
7. He said to them, "Now draw some out, and take it to the steward of the feast." So they took it.
8. When the steward of the feast tasted the water now become wine, he called the bridegroom.
9. And said to him, "Every man serves the good wine first; but you have kept the good wine until now."
10. This, the first of His signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
-St. John 2:1-11
Third Luminous Mystery: JESUS PROCLAIMS THE KINGDOM OF GOD
Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God.
2. Saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel."
3. The people who sat in darkness have seen a great Light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death, Light has dawned.
4. And behold, they brought to Him a paralytic, lying on his bed.
5. When Jesus saw their faith He said to the paralytic, "Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven."
6. And behold, some of the scribes said to themselves, "This man is blaspheming."
7. But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'?
8. But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins" --He then said to the paralytic--"Rise, take up your bed and go home."
9. And he rose, and immediately took up the pallet and went out before them all; so that they were all amazed and glorified God.
10. "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
-St. Mark 1:14-15; Matthew 4:16; 9:2-6; Mark 2:12; John 8:12
Fourth Luminous Mystery: CHRIST IS TRANSFIGURED ON THE MOUNT
1. Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain apart.
2. As he was praying, the appearance of His countenance was altered, and His raiment became dazzling white.
3. And behold, two men talked with Him, Moses and Eli'jah, who appeared in glory and spoke of His departure, which He was to accomplish at Jerusalem.
4. Now Peter and those who were with him were heavy with sleep, and when they wakened they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.
5. Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is well that we are here; let us make three booths, one for You and one for Moses and one for Eli'jah" --not knowing what he said.
6. As he said this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were afraid as they entered the cloud.
7. A Voice from the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to Him."
8. When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces, and were filled with awe.
9. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, "Rise, and have no fear." And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.
10 As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Tell no one the vision, until the Son of Man is raised from the dead."
-St. Matthew 17:1; St. Luke 9:29-33; St. Matthew 17:5-9
Fifth Luminous Mystery: JESUS INSTITUTES THE HOLY EUCHARIST
1. Before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
2. When the hour came, Jesus sat at table, and the Apostles with Him.
3. And He said to them, "I have earnestly desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer.
4. Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it.
5. He gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is My Body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of Me"
6. And He took a cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you;
7. for this is My Blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
8. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
9. And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
10. He who eats My Flesh and drinks My Blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
-St. John 13:1; St. Luke 22:14-15; St. Matthew 26:26; St. Luke 22:19b; St. Matthew 26:27-28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; St. Matthew 26:30; St. John 6:54