1. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
2. He came for testimony, to bear witness to the Light, that all might believe through him.
3. "I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I
4. "He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."
5. Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him.
6. John would have prevented Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?"
7. But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness." Then he consented.
8. When Jesus was baptized, behold, the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on Him.
9. And lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, with Whom I am well pleased."
10. For our sake God made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
| Last Joyful Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |