1. Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God.
2. Saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel."
3. The people who sat in darkness have seen a great Light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death, Light has dawned.
4. And behold, they brought to him a paralytic, lying on his bed.
5. When Jesus saw their faith He said to the paralytic, "Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven."
6. And behold, some of the scribes said to themselves, "This man is blaspheming."
7. But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'?
8. But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins" --He then said to the paralytic--"Rise, take up your bed and go home."
9. And he rose, and immediately took up the pallet and went out before them all; so that they were all amazed and glorified God.
10. "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |