1. Jesus took with him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain apart.
2. As he was praying, the appearance of his countenance was altered, and his raiment became dazzling white.
3. And behold, two men talked with him, Moses and Eli'jah, who appeared in glory and spoke of his departure, which he was to accomplish at Jerusalem.
4. Now Peter and those who were with him were heavy with sleep, and when they wakened they saw his glory and the two men who stood with him.
5. Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is well that we are here; let us make three booths, one for you and one for Moses and one for Eli'jah" --not knowing what he said.
6. As he said this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were afraid as they entered the cloud.
7. and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."
8. When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces, and were filled with awe.
9. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, "Rise, and have no fear." And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.
10 And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Tell no one the vision, until the Son of man is raised from the dead."
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |