The Catholic Apologetics Webring
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
I started this ring after searching the Webring Site for Catholic apologetics rings, and finding none.
I found a number of Evangelical Christian apologetics rings, and even an anti-Catholic webring claiming to provide "biblical truth" to Catholics (yeah, we've heard it all before; their biblical distortions passed off as "truth").
But no one had started a webring that would link together all those great web sites which explain and defend the Catholic Faith against the attacks of non-believers.
So I decided to begin one myself!
Any Catholic page is welcome and encouraged to apply to this ring, as long as it fulfills all of the following requirements:
Neither the Catholic Apologetics Webring, its Ringmaster, the members of the ring or Webring.org is liable for any member that changes his or her site after being accepted into the ring. If any site is found to violate the rules of the Catholic Apologetics Webring, it will immediately be removed from the ring.
- It must be a Catholic apologetics site; either Roman Catholic or Eastern Rite Catholic. While Evangelical and other Christian apologetics sites may have some things in common with us (such as proving the existence of God, the truth of Christianity, etc.), they cannot be included on this particular webring. (There are some other webrings which such sites can join; search the Webring Site for details.)
- It must have a substantial amount of apologetical content. Purely informational or devotional sites would not fit the description of the ring.
- The site must present orthodox Catholic teaching and be faithful to the Pope and the Magesterium (no dissident sites allowed, whether modernist or traditionalist.)
- There must be NO pornography or obscenity of any kind anywhere on the site (I don't think any such pages will apply for inclusion, but I might as well add that requirement anyway).
If the above describes your page, you can join the ring by doing the following:
If you are already a member of the Catholic Apologetics Webring, you can edit your Site information from this page.
- Go to the following URL and enter all your info:
- Save the following two ring graphics, and upload them onto your page:
- Paste the HTML fragment found on this page to the bottom of your home page (or the page on your site which you are connecting to the ring, if only part of your site will be included).
Remember to alter it where necessary, adding your email address, name and Site ID where requested. The finished product should look like the one at the bottom of this page.
- Email the ringmaster to tell him that you put the HTML fragment on your page. Your site will be checked it and, if everything is fine, added it to the ring!
When finished, your link will look something like this one:
(Webring graphics come from Timo's Christian Clipart Site.)
| James' Home Page | Site Index | Home Page |