These words are recorded in Sacred Scripture, so we can be absolutely sure that the holy Mother of God spoke them during her life.
1. Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?" (Luke 1:34)
2. And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her. (Luke 1:38)
3. In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah, and she entered the house of Zechari'ah and greeted Elizabeth. (Luke 1:39) (She most likely said, "Shalom, Elisheva")
4. And Mary said:
"My soul doth magnify the Lord.5. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously." (Lk 2:48)
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid;
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name.
And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.
He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.
He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:
As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever. (Luke 1:46-55)
6. When the wine failed, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." (John 2:3)
7. His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you". (John 2:5)
| The Words of Mary | Site Index | Home Page |