1. Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the praetorium, and they gathered the whole battalion before him.
2. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe upon him, and plaiting a crown of thorns they put it on his head, and put a reed in his right hand.
3. And kneeling before him they mocked him, saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!"
4. And they spat upon him, and took the reed and struck him on the head, and struck him with their hands.
5. Pilate went out again, and said to them, "See, I am bringing him out to you, that you may know that I find no crime in him."
6. So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe.
7. Pilate said to them, "Behold the man!"
8. When the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, "Crucify him, crucify him!"
9. Pilate took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this righteous man's blood; see to it yourselves."
10. The soldiers stripped him of the robe, and put his own clothes on him, and led him away to crucify him.
(Icon scanned from a church bulletin. Copyright(c)God With Us Publications)
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |