1. So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross.
2. And they compelled a passer-by, Simon of Cyre'ne, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross.
3. And there followed him a great multitude of the people, and of women who bewailed and lamented him.
4. But Jesus turning to them said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
5. For behold, the days are coming when they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never gave suck!'
6. For if they do this when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?"
7. Two others also, who were criminals, were led away to be put to death with him.
8. And they brought him to the place called Gol'gotha (which means the place of a skull).
9. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them.
10. And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." And they cast lots to divide his garments.
(Icon scanned from a church bulletin. Copyright(c)God With Us Publications.)
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |