1. Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit.
2. and her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly.
3. But an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit
4. she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."
5. When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took his wife
6. but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus.
7. Joseph went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem,
8. to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child.
9. And while they were there, the time came for her to be delivered.
10. And she gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
(Icon scanned from a church bulletin. Copyright(c)God With Us Publications)
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |