1. Before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.
2. When the hour came, Jesus sat at table, and the Apostles with Him.
3. And He said to them, "I have earnestly desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer.
4. Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it.
5. He gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is My Body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of Me"
6. And He took a cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you;
7. for this is My Blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
8. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
9. And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
10. He who eats My Flesh and drinks My Blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
-John 13:1; Luke 22:14-15; Matthew 26:26; Luke 22:19b; Matthew 26:27-28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; Matthew 26:30; John 6:54
| Last Mystery | The Sorrowful Mysteries | More Prayers for these Mysteries | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |