1. When the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salo'me, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him.
2. And very early on the first day of the week they went to the tomb when the sun had risen.
3. They were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the door of the tomb?"
4. And looking up, they saw that the stone was rolled back; --it was very large.
5. but when they went in they did not find the body.
6. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel;
7. and as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead?
8. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and on the third day rise."
9. And they remembered his words.
10. But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him, as he told you."
Icon of the Anastasis from Russian Icons page.
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |