1. When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place.
2. And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3. And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed and resting on each one of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5. Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven.
6. And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.
7. But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.
8. Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."
9. "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
10. So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
| Last Mystery | Next Mystery | Rosary Page | Site Index | Home Page |